ETS Performance, a Minnesota-founded athlete training company, is opening their Moorhead location and will operate inside of Rise's facility starting in December. In addition to co-sharing the facility, the Rise Athlete Performance programs will transition to ETS-operated training.
Who is ETS?
ETS Performance (Englebert Training Systems) is a training facility that originated in the Minneapolis metro area in 2010. They currently have 23 locations in the Midwest and continue to look for new opportunities of expansion. Their facilities train athletes at all levels of competition, from youth to professional.
ETS and Rise were connected through Adam Thielen, a Detroit Lakes native who plays for the Minnesota Vikings and trains with ETS. Initial conversations with Thielen and the rest of the ETS team revealed their desire to expand into the F-M area, and this opened up a unique opportunity to work alongside a growing startup with similar core values.
What will this transition look like?
As we continue to prepare for the start of this new partnership, here are the key changes you can expect to see in the near future:
- Rise's athlete performance programs will cease operations at the end of this month
- Rise will shift all focus and efforts to our group fitness training programs
- ETS Performance athlete training programs will start early December
- Tim Osterbauer will be the new Director of Operations for ETS Moorhead 🎉
How does this affect you?
Rise will still be the same group fitness program you know and love in addition to future improvements currently under development. However, here are a few key takeaways of the items that are changing:
- Various aesthetic changes as we work to co-brand the facility with ETS
- Rise will flip to the south side of the facility (current Athlete Performance side)
- ETS will use the north side of the facility (current Elevate side)
- Turf training surface will be a shared space between Rise and ETS
- Chase will be the Director of Operations for Rise while also assisting in ETS Moorhead operations
- Haley, Emma, Megan, and Kyra will continue as trainers for Rise
Why is this partnership happening?
We know any kind of change can feel a bit intimidating, but here’s the bottom line: this partnership is a monumental leap forward for the Rise community. The Athlete Performance program is set up for continued success with a high level training program in ETS, and we get to focus our efforts on the most important facet of Rise – you.
Group fitness training is in our DNA. In fact, it’s why we started Rise. We're just getting started and we can't wait for what the future holds for our community.
A note from Chase
Doing the best thing for our members is always our guiding force when it comes to owning, operating, and making decisions as a small, locally-owned business. I could not be more confident that this transition is going to provide a superior experience for all of our members – for our athletes who will now transition to ETS, and our Rise group fitness members.
Thank you for coming along on this ride with us! I am grateful for your support and allowing us to make an impact in your lives. I smile when thinking about what's ahead for Rise in the coming weeks, months, and years. The future is bright!
As always, please reach out if you have any questions.
The Rise Team